Councillor’s Pic being Used by Trolls in Social Media to Make Money


Cllr Jake Morrison

A councillor has spoke of his anger at discovering his pictures were being used on a gay dating service to solicit sex for £40 a time.
Jake Morrison, 21, said it was “disturbing” that his photos had been stolen by an imster on Grindr, a social networking service for gay men.
The councillor for Wavertree, told the Liverpool Echo :“I am a politician and for somebody to use my pictures and pretend to be me in this way is damaging to my reputation and is very serious.”
Photos of Cllr Morrison are sent to strangers on Grindr, before the perpetrator offers to perform sex acts in exchange for £40.
Cllr Morrison, who is openly gay, said: “I have no idea why someone would do this and I hope they will stop.
“People will think it is me who is making these offers of sex, but it’s not.
“I find it bizarre and disturbing that someone would do this.”
A member of Grindr himself, he found found out about the imposter this week when alerted by another user.
Cllr Morrison has previously been targeted by vicious internet trolls who have mocked his sexuality, threatened his family members and even appeared to liken him to paedophile MP Cyril Smith.
He said: “There are clearly issues with the internet and we need to look at ways of dealing with this.
“I’m a public figure and things like this will happen, but what happens when everyday people suffer like this?
“I won’t stand by while people are suffering at the hands of trolls.
“That’s why I’m campaigning for tougher police responses and quicker action from the social networks themselves when incidents are reported.”
Cllr Morrison previously met with Twitter bosses to discuss trolling.


http://www.mirror.co.uk/ 

Comments