R-Kelly announces his 13 yr old kid is Transgender




Getty/Instagram
Father and son
R Kelly's 14-year-old child has come out as transgender, announcing his news to the world on social media.
Jaya was born a girl, but made the brave decision to tell his many fans he is now a boy going by the name Jay on his Ask.fm profile this weekend.
But while his mum Andrea Kelly is being supportive, Jay said his singer dad still hasn't reached out to him.
"My mom was like, 'Baby, you know I love you if you were bi, gay, lesbian, you name it and I would still love you so much'," Jay wrote his profile.
"She was very proud of me, I was like, 'Thank you mom for accepting the fact that I'm a transgender'."
He went on: “And same with my sister, she told me that she was proud of me, and respects me by calling me handsome and calling me her little brother now, and I love her for that, so you know it was great for me." Chatting about when he knew he was transgender, R Kelly's son admitted it had been at a very young age.
He wrote: "I would look up like boy changes to girl, and girl changes to boy, and I'm like wow, theres people who feel EXACTLY the way I feel and then I knew like thats what transgender is."
And the youngster added he was six when he realised he was attracted to girls, but says he doesn't want a relationship yet.
When asked about the family support, Jay wrote: "I absolutely love my mother... and yea my dad has not reached out."
R Kelly and Andrea split up in 2009 after 13 years of marriage. We have contacted R Kelly's reps for comment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk 

R. Kelly Son Transgender

Comments