Our Man Jonah Hill Tells Paparazzo the “ Fa**t ” Word

Jonah Hill The following segment posited by  on hollywoodtake.com,  followed by the blog publisher’s comments.Jonah Hill’s homophobic slur occurred when some paparazzi snapped photos of him in Los Angeles. At one point, one of the cameraman joked to the actor, “I like the shorts though, bro. They are pretty sexy.” Jonah Hill was wearing flowery board shorts at the time.
 At first, Jonah Hill did not respond, and the paparazzo in question continued to follow him. After about 40 seconds, the photographer determined he had what he needed and wished the actor a “good day.” Jonah Hill then shockingly replied, “Suck my d--k, you f----t.” Video of the incident was published on TMZ Tuesday morning.
Jonah Hill appeared on Howard Stern’s radio show this morning, where the actor apologized for his homophobic slur.
“This is a heartbreaking situation for me,” Jonah Hill said about the homophobic slur video. “ ... I’m upset because from the day I was born, and publicly, I’ve been a gay rights activist.”
Hill continued: “This person [the paparazzo] had been following me around, just to give it some context, I’m not excusing what I said in any way. This person had been following me around all day, had been saying hurtful things about my family, really hurtful things about me personally, and I played into exactly what he wanted and lost my cool. And in that moment I said a disgusting word that does not at all reflect how I feel about any group of people.”
Jonah Hill later added: “I am not at all defending my choice of words, but I am happy to be the poster boy for thinking about what you say, and how those words, even if you don’t intend them in how they mean, they are rooted in hate, and thats bulls--t and I shouldn’t have said that.” 
“What I said in that moment was disgusting and a hurtful term,” Hill concluded. “I should have said either nothing or just f--k you. Instead I used a word that I don’t use in my personal life, it’s not part of my vernacular. I’m happy to take the heat for using this disgusting word.  ... It would break my heart to think that anyone would think ... that I would be against anyone for their sexuality.”
Indeed, Jonah Hill’s use of the homophobic slur is particularly stunning since the actor has been a vocal supporter of gay rights. Last fall, he joined the legion of stars who joined the Human Rights Campaign’s Love Conquers Hate movement protesting Russia’s notoriously anti-gay laws. Hill also tweeted a photo of himself wearing the campaign’s signature shirt, which reads “Love Conquers Hate” in Russian.
“I have tons of gay friends, gay family members,” Jonah Hill said about his gay rights tweet. “It’s like saying, why do you think people should breathe? I support anybody doing whatever they want to do to be who they are.”
But does this mean Jonah Hill is a hypocrite for using an anti-gay slur? Or do we cut the comedian some slack since he has fought for LGBT rights in the past? Readers of the TMZ article are split on the issue.
“Its never right to call someone a slur but he was pushed by that dbag pap he most.probably snapped and said it without thinking,” one user wrote under the story. “given that he is an activist for gay rights Im sure he can be cut some slack.”
Another added: “The support he has given to gay causes far outweighs any momentary lapse in judgment.”
Adam Gonzalez, Blog publisher :  I will give a person like Jonah all the rope he needs or wants because of his back ground and record of solid backing of the gay community. What he said if any of us was there listening live we would have laughed our *icks off and would have seen that he was being pushed by the paparazzi. Jonah clearly explained that the situation called for a four letter word, which I agree, but he just chased the wrong one. I don’t believe in giving people using that word a pass as I have said many times on this blog and everywhere but nothing or no one is perfect. When you have statements such as 0 on drugs or 0 on this or that I see it as silly because there is no such number in human daily events. 
So Why he gets a pass? He doesn’t get a pass. Now that he said it he is paying the price which I also agree with.  He is being criticized but also he immediately apologized. I am not going to criticize him but I will agree with Johah that he picked the wrong word. He should have used a 4 letter word on the azzwuz of paparazzo and move on like he did. 
I am happy that some in the gay and straight communities came after him.  That was the price to pay. I am glad that everything went real fast. He said, a storm formed, he apologized and now Iam laughing about it and being thankful that we are on track on putting that word where it belongs, out  of our lives :)

Comments