Blogging was Always Alive thus it can Not Die







a word from the Publisher): 

Blogging it’s so interesting that when I think back of what made me start a blog back in 2009 I want to both stop and keep going at the same time. I used to typed my ideas but mostly news because I have always found local and world affairs as fascinating. You have to know where you are and how the world turns to know in which direction to go. With such insights one might think that I knew so much about the world that I became rich knowing which roads to take in my life. Well, the world doesn’t turn that way. It’s not being at the right place but being at the right place at the right time. 

Besides with what I just stated, there is a maize of brain matter that can instantly kick one’s being out of the right timing by just having a wrong partner, death in the family, a new pet, etc., etc. If you think about all these things can have a massive impact on us even though we don’t think about it, you might agree with what I just said.
That is the reason I never became rich. Just wanted to integrate that sentence there so there is no doubt that money at this point in my life is something that doesn’t have the value it once did, if ever. Also it doesn’t seem to like me too much. It’s alway leaving me like a bad trick the next morning.

Back to blogging.
My concept of it was to share what I knew because I thought there was a lacking of information, particularly when I started reading public comments on FaceBook and other media. I had an instant desire to explain and share. Every time I want to quit blogging which almost a daily occurrence I bump into a stupid remark from someone who should know better. I’ve learn to let it go and not correct it because I have a means to share with a larger audience but at times the impulse takes over and I make a correction comment to someone who after ten seconds or ten minutes would have  counter punched and then I feel strongly to comment again until I catch myself and remember the quote which more or less says “don’t argue with an idiot because he will take you down to his level and beat the crab out of you when you fall in his neighborhood. His neighbors, his love and the guuy he cheats with including his family and yours will grab you and your intellect and pull it out of you, one hair at the time. It will leave you blind and bleeding, impotent at not being able to reach him and punch him right in the teeth.

Like I said the quote was more or less and I added more just to make the point in case there was an idiot reading who did not understand. I had someone say to me I read your blog but don’t understand what you write. I didn’t know want to answer since I only write one third of the postings and the majority are well known voices with large followings. Now I leave you to the heart of this posting which is to explain what blogging is and wether is dead and if not dead where is it going. The post is by  and it originally appeared at National.deseretnews.com.
Respectfully yours always, 

We've heard President Barack Obama give the State of the Union this week. But what's the state of Web journalism, something that continues to evolve and change?
One question being asked about the industry is whether Web journalism is a lasting industry or a temporary bubble. David Carr of The New York Times examined this question, asking, “Is there a big and lasting business being built or simply a lot of to-ing and fro-ing by entrepreneurs and investors taking advantage of suddenly fast and loose cash?”
Carr said that some media industries are dependent on each other and social media platforms, like Facebook. And there’s a financial aspect to consider, too, as “the digital pie may be growing, but the advertising rates are going down, spurred by competition among the many different sites,” Carr wrote.
Before asking this question, Carr asked whether Web journalism asserts itself in the journalism marketplace. Carr noted how Ezra Klein, a popular blogger and writer of The Washington Post, will be moving to Vox Media, which owns sports site SB nation and technology website The Verge. He said Klein and other big-time journalists moving to digital startups is the beginning of the next Web journalism bubble.
“Organizations like BuzzFeed, Gawker, The Huffington Post, Vice and Vox, which have huge traffic but are still relatively small in terms of profit, will eventually mature into the legacy media of tomorrow,” Carr wrote.
But to look forward, should we be looking back first? The Guardian recently spoke to three Internet experts, who all spoke on how the industry has changed in regards to journalism. The three — Justin Hall, Meg Hourihan and Dave Winer — are “three blogging pioneers” and were interviewed as a way to see how blogging and the Internet has changed in the last two decades.
And in spite of recent opinions that blogging is dead, Winer said the practice of blogging is going to live on for many years to come.
“Blogging was never alive,” Winer said. “It's the people that matter. There will always be a small number who are what I call 'natural born bloggers.' They were blogging before there were blogs, they just didn't know what it was called. Julia Child was a blogger as was Benjamin Franklin and Patti Smith. I inherited my blogging gene from my mom, who is 81 and has a blog.”
And blogging is demonstration by Internet users to show how far communications devices have come in the last two decades, the three bloggers told The Guardian. Hall said blogging is more personal and still has a place in the world.
“Blogging can be done for a private audience, but mostly we think of blogging as a contribution to the knowledge commons, the shared public information space,” Hall said. “Not all blogging is explicitly for the knowledge commons, but it’s usually some kind of self-expression or performance of personal identity that is accessible to a broader audience.”

Comments