A dissapointing answer on DOMA from Cong. MacMahon

Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting me to express your views about gay marriage.

I believe that same-sex couples deserve the same legal rights as heterosexual couples. Ultimately, however, gay marriage is an issue that will be resolved by the states and not the federal government.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding this important issue. Please feel free to get in touch with my office in the future if I can be of any assistance to you on this or any other matter of concern. I hope you will find my website - www.mcmahon.house.gov - a useful resource for keeping up with events in Washington and the 13th District of New York.



Sincerely,

Michael E. McMahon
Representative for the 13th District of New York

Comments