Tracy Morgan: If My Son Was Gay, I'd Stab Him To Death


Tracy Morgan: If My Son Was Gay, I'd Stab Him To Death
posted by: Miranda Perry 

Comedian Tracy Morgan went on a vicious homophobic tirade during a stand-up performance June 3, 2011 at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN. The remarks have drawn outrage from the LGBT community and its supporters.

Gay blog Unicorn Booty describes some of Morgan's ugly rant, drawing from audience member Kevin Rogers. The 30 Rock and SNL star reportedly told the audience that "all this gay s***" is "crazy and that women are a gift from God and that 'Born this Way' is bulls***, [being] gay is a choice."

According to Rogers, who posted his full account of the incident on Facebook, Morgan also decried same-sex love and attraction between women: "that's just a woman pretending because she hates a f***ing man" and "there is no way a woman could love and have sexual desire for another woman."

Morgan then commented upon the recent wave of bullying-related suicides among LGBT youth, apparently stating that "the gays [need] to quit being p*****s and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying." He went on to describe LGBT identity as a behavior learned from "media and programming."

Yet perhaps the most distressing remark concerned Morgan's own son. The comic allegedly told the audience that "if his son that was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [Morgan mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little n***** to death."

ABC News reports that Morgan has issued an apology. The statement read:

"I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I'm not a hateful person and don't condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context."

Rogers, however, thinks Morgan wasn't trying to disguise his prejudice with humor. "His entire demeanor changed during that portion of the night," writes Rogers. "He was truly filled with some hate towards us."

www.care2.com

Comments