Sen.Booker Questions Kavanaugh Replacement for the Bench on Gay Rights: 'Do You Believe Their Relationships are a Sin?'


"She won't answer if a Loving relationship is a sin.....to what is it she follows....The one that said he did't love gays, well it was not Jesus Christ.  May be it was one of those false prophets Christ didn't. Adam Gonzalez
                                       Image result for sen booker and Neomi rao



Sen. Cory Booker(Right) questions Neomi Rao (left), President Trump's nominee to replace Brett Kavanaugh on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, about her personal beliefs on gay marriage during a confirmation hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday.

SEN. CORY BOOKER: Are gay relationships, in your opinion, immoral? 

NEOMI RAO: Um, senator, I'm not sure the relevance of that.
BOOKER: I think it is relevant to your opinion. Do you think African American relationships are immoral? Do you think gay relationships are immoral? 

RAO: No. I do not. 

BOOKER: You do not. 

Do you believe they are a sin?

RAO: Senator, my personal views on any of these subjects are things I would put to one side, and I would faithfully follow precedent--

BOOKER: So you're not willing to say here whether you believe it is sinful for two men to be married -- you're not willing to comment on that?

RAO: I'm sorry. 

BOOKER: What, I didn't hear your response. 

RAO: My response is that these personal views are ones that I would put to one side. Whatever my personal views are on the subject, I would faithfully follow the precedent of the Supreme Court.


Comments