Elton Forgives DG and Some Actors Just Refuse to Play Gay



                                                                       

 Sir Ian McKellen thinks that actors who don’t want to come out as gay are prisoners of their representation. ” My career took off as a film actor when I came out. The advice that actors get to not come out is usually given to them by their agents who are themselves gay, by their publicists who are themselves gay. It’s all a hypocrisy and they’re frightened, everyone’s always frightened about what someone will say. I don’t give a damn whether someone’s gay or straight. I fancy them or I don’t fancy them.”
But he understands that the problem extends to everyone in public life. “The thing is, it’s not just a problem for actors, you know. How many politicians discuss with their agents and their constituents, “Do you think it would be all right if I came out?” I don’t think constituents worry if a member of parliament is gay. Is he or she a good congressperson? Is he or she a good actor? That’s all, really. The rest is old news, but no one looks to Hollywood for social advancement. They only just discovered they have black people in the Oscars two years ago. I’ve still got my acceptance speech: “Members of the Academy, I’m proud to be the first openly gay actor to ever win this award.” Of course I didn’t give that speech, but nor has anybody else. It does put people off, but take courage.”

let-backlash-begin-for-dolce-gabbana (adamfoxie)

Sir Elton John has accepted Dolce & Gabanna’s apology for calling his children synthetic. “Big thanks to Stefano and Domenico for the apology over their comments about IVF children. We have always been big fans of their work. Now that the slate is clean we look forward wearing their designs once again.” Well, Sir Elton has always been known to have a shopping addiction. He, like all junkies, has found an excuse to get his fix.

















Comments