What would happen if someone in Afghanistan said I’m gay?

Mitt Romney was on Larry King Live last night to talk about how Obama had betrayed the nation with the signing of health care reform, which is kind of funny since Romney signed a universal health care in to law when he was governor of Massachusetts. And, luckily for us, King sneaked in a little question about gays in the military:
KING: Some other things. Gays in the military, where do you stand?
ROMNEY: My view is that the Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy should be kept in place until conflict is over, at least until that time. And when — we’re in the middle of a war. I don’t think it’s time to be experimenting with a new social policy. I think that would be potentially difficult for our troops. Let us consider those changes when we’re at peace.
KING: Because what would happen at war? What would happen if someone in Afghanistan said I’m gay?
ROMNEY: I think it’s complicates the fulfillment of our mission in the various theaters to change a policy of that nature in the middle of wartime. And that’s something that I think can wait until after a war is complete.
KING: Are you surprised that the chairman of the Joint Chiefs disagrees with you?
ROMNEY: People can have different views on issues. I’m not terribly surprised. I’ve just had that view for some time and I’m sticking with it.
Bookmark and Share

Comments