"A sucker born every minute" What goes around comes around.


NY Senator Addabbo: “Marriage Equality Transcends Just The Issue Of Equal Rights.”
by DAVID BADASH on DECEMBER 4, 2009 · COMMENTS (5)
in CIVIL RIGHTS, LEGISLATION, MARRIAGE, NEWS, POLITICS



Step right up folks! View the circus that is the New York State Senate! New York’s Senator from Queens, Joe Addabbo, who has repeatedly said he is on the fence on marriage equality, and who reportedly took a good deal of money and support from the LGBT community, and who Wednesday voted against the same sex marriage bill in Albany, said today, “marriage equality transcends just the issue of equal rights.”

Via the New York Daily News:

“To this day, I have kept my personal belief out of it, and it’s still personal,” he told reporters following a City Hall press conference at which he and Sens. Liz Krueger and Bill Perkins unveiled proposals to end runoff elections.

“It’s a personal belief. It is my belief, and it’s only my belief,” Addabbo continued. “I voted, again, the will of the people in my district.”

“First and foremost, I am very thankful to everyone who got me to where I am as a state senator. I am grateful to all those in the gay community that supported me – whether it be financially or with the hours of volunteer work. I’m grateful to them, but never once did I say to anyone or any particular entity what my position was on the issue.”

“So, I would only have been truly a disappointment if I said I was going to

Comments