In China Where there is no Gay Marriage a SubwayProposal Goes Viral



                                                                       


Gay marriage may not be legal in China, but one gay couple’s public proposal is going viral in the country.

A man proposed to his partner on a crowded subway car in Beijing, getting on one knee and saying, “I want everyone I know or I don’t know to witness this. I will be loving you for the rest of my life,” CNN reports.

The crowd on the subway car is supportive, and support online has been pouring in as well. The post has been shared more than 10,000 times on Sina Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter, according to CNN, and the comments have been largely positive. That support comes in spite of the fact that homosexuality was once illegal in China and was decriminalized as recently as 1997.



Comments