Cecil the Lion found shot,beheaded and skinned Victim of American Dentist looking for “Big Game”


PHOTO: Cecil, Zimbabwes famous lion, has reportedly been killed by a hunter.


An American dentist acknowledged today that he killed a beloved lion named Cecil during a recent hunting trip to Zimbabwe.
Dr. Walter Palmer, 55, in a statement, said, "In early July, I was in Zimbabwe on a bow hunting trip for big game. I hired several professional guides and they secured all proper permits. (ABC news) 

To my knowledge, everything about this trip was legal and properly handled and conducted. 
"I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt. I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt. I have not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or in the U.S. about this situation, but will assist them in any inquiries they may have.



“Again, I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion."
He says sorry he killed this particular Lion because of the publicity is gotten. After all he went there to kill “big game” and he aimed and shot a Lion, he knew he was not shooting a dear but a Lion.

ABC news photo
PHOTO: Cecil, Zimbabwes famous lion, has reported been killed by a hunter.

















 
















Comments