Comedian Kevin hart will wear a dress but wont play gay..afraid


                                                                          
                                    
 May be he thinks is contagious but let me just say he looked mighty drag queenny in the times he played Pope Quvenzhane Wallis on 'SNL, But let me give you just the facts:


Late last week, North Philly’s Kevin Hart stopped by New York’s Power 105.1 FM to guest on The Breakfast Club and discuss, among other things, the concept of the comedian playing a gay character in a future film. As it turns out, that likely won’t be happening because Hart is concerned with what “people are going to think.”
Hart, in fact, turned down a role as a gay character once before: Alpa Chino in Tropic Thunder, which eventually went to Brandon T. Jackson. Calling the character “flagrant,” Hart said that ultimately, he didn’t feel comfortable in the role but admitted that the draft he read was much different from what ended up on film. 
“The dude, he was doing a lot of stuff in the draft that I read,” Hart said. “It was real flagrant…I was like ‘I can’t do this.’ ”
When asked directly by host Angela Yee if he could play a gay role today, Hart answered that he couldn’t “dive into that role 100 percent” due to “the insecurities of myself.” 
Via The Breakfast Club: 
No. Not because I have any ill will or disrespect, it's because I feel like I can't do it because I don't think I'm gonna dive into that role 100 percent because of the insecurities of myself trying to play that part...like what I think people are going to think while I'm trying to do this is going to stop me from playing that part the way I'm supposed to. 
Hart did, however, make a point to dispel the notion that he harbors any negativity toward the gay community, saying, “I respect and appreciate any and everything you all do, and as people, I love you.” 
So, with that in mind, it would appear that Hart is simply not comfortable enough with his acting ability to take on a gay role. He clarified his point later in the interview, saying that he may be open to playing a gay character sometime in the future, but at this moment that is “not on the drawing board”: 
I'm at a point where I want to take a chance, this role made sense, the story made sense, I may do it. You don't know what tomorrow holds. Once again, if I get to the point where I want to challenge myself in the business, and I'm all about the art, who knows if that's the right artsy piece that can get Kevin Hart an Oscar and show a different acting talent. But right now, it's not on the drawing board. 
Hart’s statements, of course, stand in stark contrast to those of Empire director Lee Daniels, an openly gay man who hopes to “blow the lid off” homophobia in the African American community through the relationships on his new show. As he said on a recent Television Critics Association panel: 
“I’m glad that I can show the African-American community that this is what you’re doing to your son, this is what you’re doing to your nephew, this is what you’re doing to the kid down the street.”
Perhaps one day Hart will join in that effort. After all, he did once say he’d never wear a dress on camera, but ended up doing so all the same for his first time hosting SNL in 2013. 
Hart, 35, is currently engaged to model Eniko Parrish. His newest film, The Wedding Ringer, is in theaters now.
[The Breakfast Club]

 http://www.philly.com/ph 

Comments