Buffy the Vampire Star Arrested Claims he was on Alcohol and meds




Nicholas BrendonAda County Sheriff's Office
Nicholas Brendon wants to clear the air after the Buffy the Vampire Slayer star was detained in Boise, Idaho on Friday night on suspicion of damaging property and resisting arrest, blaming his outburst on a combination of prescription medication and alcohol. 
The 43-year-old actor, who was in town for an appearance at Tree City Comic Con, spent several hours in jail following a disturbance at a hotel lobby where police found the thesp showing "signs of intoxication" and said he "repeatedly refused officers' commands to stay seated while officers tried to speak with witnesses." Authorities also said hotel staff reported that he had broken a decorative dish. 
Brendon was then booked into a local jail on charges of malicious injury to property and resisting or obstructing officers, which are both misdemeanors. He was later released on $600 bond the following day. 
And now, he wants to come clean about his "unacceptable behavior." 

"I apologize," the actor began in a statement. "Usually those words end a message like this but I am beginning with them to emphasize how much I regret disappointing my family, my fans, and myself.  I can offer an explanation but I make no excuse for my unacceptable behavior."
He continued, admitting he mixed his prescription medication with alcohol on Friday night and said the effects caused him to lash out. 
"For the past 5 days, I have been taking prescription pain medication to help me manage a cyst behind my knee cap, which is scheduled for corrective surgery on Monday morning. I made the poor decision to mix this prescribed medication with alcohol. The result was embarrassing and unacceptable," he confessed. 
Brendon, who was previously arrested in March 2010 on suspicion of damaging property, as well as disorderly conduct, also said he plans to seek treatment for his behavior.  
"I intend to seek appropriate treatment and therapy for my medical ailments as well as my emotional demons," he said. "Again:  I apologize. Those two small words don't begin to express my regrets, but they do mark the beginning of my recovery. During this difficult time, I appreciate understanding as I pursue rehabilitation -- and I value support as I earn redemption with my family, friends, and fans." 
The actor's arrest comes just one week after he tied the knot with girlfriend Moonda Tee in Las Vegas. 
Brendon is most famous for starring opposite Sarah Michelle Gellar on the popular CW series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which aired from 1997 to 2003. He has since gone on to appear on shows such as Private Practice as well as Criminal Minds, in which he still plays the recurring role of Kevin Lynch.

Comments