50 New Yorkers Stood by as Two Gay Men Were Beaten to a Pulp in the Subway



50 New Yorkers Stood By As Gay Man Was Viciously Beaten On Subway Platform









After celebrating their 10th anniversary together, J.P. Masterson and his partner Peter Moore were attacked by a man on the W. 4th Street subway station in Greenwich Village early Sunday morning.
The attacker yelled “I fucking hate faggots” at the couple, before striking Masterson and pushing him toward the subway tracks.
Masterson was taken to the hospital with a broken nose, facial fractures and seven broken bones. “I have multiple fractures in my face, eye socket and nose,” Masterson told D’Auria. “I can’t really breathe because my nose is off center.”
The couple says there were about 50 people waiting at the busy subway station, but not a single person bothered to help the victim.
According to CBS New York:
Masterson added that he was very disappointed that when the attack happened, no one on the crowded subway platform called police or did anything. There were about 50 people on the platform at the time, he said.
nyc
“I want my New Yorkers to step up and help me out, because, you know, at the end of the day, we’re all just people,” he said.
But as he waited to undergo surgery, Masterson vowed that he is bruised, but not broken. “You might beat me down, and I might look real grotesque right now, but I’m still standing,” he said.
The suspect is believed to be about 5’8″, 170 pounds, and in his late 20′s. Police released this sketch of the suspect:
suspect

Comments