Boy Teen in Minnesota Receives Death Treats After Coming Out





Ryan Eichenauer, a Centennial High School student in Circle Pines, Minnesota, has gone public with death threats he's received since recently coming out as gay on Facebook. Ryan says the typed threats were placed on his desk before the start of class. 
 ​
Here's one of the death threats he's received so far:
"Ryan, I see there are many others who also want you dead. Good. And it's not just the two of us who have decided to speak up. It's everyone ... like you don't deserve to live in this world. Innocent people die every day, but the scum of the earth like you gets to live? ... that. That is about to change. No one likes the fact that you are alive. No one likes the way you show your sexuality. You are a ... sinner. Someone should do something about it…I will. I am not a coward. I protect the house of god from ... like you. I know you have been suicidal before and I hope you try it again...but go through with it you ... coward. I know you still cut your wrists. I've been told it's because you hate yourself. You think you are ugly. You think you are worthless. And guess what? You are! You wonder why people don't like you... it's because you are the ... under all of our feet. We intend to keep it that way. Enjoy your days while you still can. In my eyes they are numbered. Many others forgive...I don't. I can't wait for the day that I get to walk over your grave. And if you don't put yourself there, I will be glad to. Just do us all a favor and do it soon. ... kill yourself already, because we all know with you gone the world will be a better place. I know where we keep our guns, but I think I want to see you suffer, more than just a blow to the head. I want to see you weep with pain. I want to see your blood draining from your lifeless body. But as I've said before, I'm not the only one who wants this, we all do. We all ... hate you. Kill yourself now, and go to ...
"A little scared, I feel safe in my school," Ryan told a reporter. "Right now, mostly uncomfortable....The first threat I cried a lot. A lot of tears and emotions. Even though that was less threatening. Then this one came along. Is this what I am going to get forever, from now on?” 
Jonathan Higbee 

Comments