10 Jerk Off Actors on the Set } According to Reddit


  •  
jennifer lopez as selena big hair
I don’t know about you, but I love a good “this celebrity is an asshole in real life” story. This is pretty much the sole reason I troll Reddit, because I need to know if Leonardo DiCaprio is a huge douche-nozzle (allegedly he is) in real life so I can remove him from my naughty time fantasies and replace him with someone kinder, like Steve Carell (who got plenty of rave reviews from people who worked with him).
I’ve read through the thread entitled “Actors who were jerks on set” and found the 10 most noteworthy instances of celebrities allegedly being dicks, as told by the people who experienced it firsthand. While we don’t know if there’s any real truth to these stories, we’ll still say that they’re super fun to read. Especially considering some of the people who got named. Enjoy!
1. Jennifer LopezJennifer Lopez HRC dinner 2013“Jennifer Lopez is atrocious. The lowering your eyes to her gaze and/or not looking her in the eye to begin with are apparently just the tip of the iceberg. Jenny from the Block was a long time ago.”  -Reddit user jvcinnyc.
Yeah, color me not shocked that she’s a diva.  I’ve written about her antics before, and I can’t say anything I read on Reddit surprised me much.  But I will still watch Selena every time it’s on TBS because I like to think she was a kinder, sweeter Jenny from the Block back then.
2. Evan Rachel Wood
Evan Rachel Wood Pregnant
“HBO filmed part of the miniseries Mildred Pierce at my house and every crew member I talked absolutely hated Evan Rachel Wood. In their words, she was a “bully”. She and her boyfriend (Marilyn Manson) would constantly fight.”  -Reddit user RayChilled
I have to say, that might be the first Evan Rachel Wood IRL gossip I’ve ever heard.  It surprises me only because I know pretty much nothing about her, except if Marilyn Manson had been my boyfriend, I imagine we would have fought a lot too. Crazy kids!
3. Dane Cook
encore premiere arrivals 081211“My wife was on set for “Dan in real life” (she coached the high school cheer team they used for one scene). Dane Cook came off as dickish. Would only say his lines then didn’t wish to be spoken to. Usually ran to his trailer and ignored everyone.” -Reddit user Digitalburn
It just seems right that Dane Cook would be a jerk.  Though he does make a killing acting as though he’s the realest, funniest college frat guy who ever lived, so this one isn’t super shocking.
4. David Boreanaz
David Boreanaz 2013 party
(FayesVision/WENN.com)
“David Boreanaz, also twat. The 2nd ADs have to tell the background actors not to look him in the eye or they’ll be sent home. Not kidding.” -Reddit user deweysizemore
Okay, what is WITH the “no eye contact” thing?  The only time I’ve ever heard someone say that in a serious tone was Will Ferrell in Anchorman.  Which wasn’t real.  Get over yourself, Angel!
5. Alec Baldwin
Alec Baldwin 65th Annual Emmys September 22 2013 Los Angeles California
“This behavior was on a film set, but Alec Baldwin had constant tantrums, screamed at a young female PA until she cried, put his fist through the wall of a trailer, and overturned the craft services table.” -Reddit user FilmFataleXO
This one surprises me only because I always thought Alec Baldwin was only a dick about his ex-wife and the paparazzi. And airlines. I assumed when he was in his natural/preferred habitat, like a film set, he’d be funny and charming to everyone.  I know he has a short temper, but I honestly wouldn’t have pegged him for being an asshole to “regular” folks.
6. Shia LaBeouf 
Shia Labeouf Lawless Photocall 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival October 27 2011 Cannes France“My good friend in high school’s father is a top sound engineer in hollywood. He has won 3 Oscars, and is known as one of the best at what he does. He was hired on a movie with Shia Labeouf. Apparently biggest dick ever on set (I’ve met him off set too and he’s a dick. Told me to go fuck myself when I was a kid asking him for an autograph around 10 years ago at Petco).”  -Reddit user arnieslovechild
Anyone who can’t be in a good mood at Petco, where you are literally surrounded by happy animals and cute animal toys, has no soul. To some extent, I can see not wanting to be bothered.  But telling a fan to go fuck themselves?  Total Turd Ferguson behavior.
7. Zach Braff
Zach Braff The Iceman Premiere Los Angeles CA April 22 2013
“He’s not the worst person i’ve worked with, but he’s not super pleasant either.  He comes across like he’s very insecure. He had a thing about not wanting attractive guys working around him because he didn’t want to look ugly by comparison. He wears a LOT of makeup on camera.  He would frequently lose things and make the assistants drive hours to go pick up some random jacket/phone charger/binder that he left somewhere weeks ago, but suddenly decided he needed.  He was high maintenance- wouldn’t drink coffee from our office or any of the nearby coffee shops- he’d only drink it from a specific store a couple miles away. Also, we couldn’t say it was for a Zach- had to use a code name because he thought some barista might realize that this “Zach” was for him (even though it was being ordered by someone else), and mess with his drink.  Then when bringing back his coffee, he had me leave it outside his office. I had to knock, put down the coffee, and run out of sight.  Not an outright asshole, he was just odd and needed a lot of ego massaging.” -Reddit user hai_doggie
Ummm… what the what?  This sounds like it’s beyond “ego massaging” and entering into “mental illness” territory. There were more than a few stories in this thread about him being a doosh. This is disappointing, as I enjoy in-the-movies Zach Braff very much.  Though his Kickstarter campaign earlier this year gave us a little peeksies into his ego, no?  Whatever. You do you, Zach Braff.
8. Paz de la Huerta
edit
“Paz De La Huerta was fired from Boardwalk Empire because during a nude scene her tampon string was showing.  She was told to hide it or get rid of it, she pulled it out in front of the crew and threw it on the floor, then told a PA to pick it up, which was the end of her. True friggin story.”  -Reddit user cokevanillazero
Anything I’ve ever heard about her cements her one-way ticket on the Hot Mess Express, but if story is true, it crosses the line. The lady line, to be exact.  GROSS.
9. Jenna Fischer and John Krasinski
'The Office' series finale wrap party“PA here, Can confirm that Steve Carrell is wonderful. Jenna Fischer and John Krasinkski are not anywhere as nice as tier characters and can often be very bitchy.” -Reddit user deweysizemore
Well now I don’t believe in anything anymore.  Thanks, deweysizemore.  My heart is crushed and my cynical side has completely taken over.  I don’t think I can go on.
10.  Sarah Michelle Gellar
Disney Junior Live On Tour! Pirate & Princess Adventure“Sarah Michelle Gellar. Ice Queen. Alyson Hannigan has been particularly vocal about never working with her again.” -Reddit user sailorbeware
I’m inclined to believe this one, because any female who uses two first names pretty much has to be a bitch.  Even Tiffani Thiessen dropped the “Amber”!  Come on, Sarah.
 by 
(Photos: WENN)

Comments