Are You Getting Gayer?


It’s all over the Net.  Facebook, the Streets, the Shows on Broadway (like if they had ever been straight!).  I caught the following message on some board from somebody who described himself as ‘happy” and ‘questioning'.  When I read his posting I said to myself: He is questioning what? The Weather? Because this kid knows he is gay, but it was interesting that he inserted questioning. The following is his posting:

I think I am. I started to express the fact that I want to head out to some musicals that are coming to town with some of my friends, which is sorta cool. The fact that I feel less closeted is pretty freeing.

I'm one of those people who likes to sing in the shower. Before it used to be some non gender specific songs.

Now I'm doing full broadway numbers in the shower. Lol. Today I started sing "On my Own" from Les Mis (how fitting) and forgot to change the word "him" to "her". I hope my parents start getting the hints.

I thought that was cute but it goes with what people were talking about today.
All is happening is nature taking it’s place or I should say we taking our place in the world and in nature. What has kept us invisible and therefore powerless is that we have been hiding.  Even a shitty nation like North Korea puts it’s two scuds missiles on the border with the South aimed at the US like they could get here! But the crazy boy there puts his stuff out when he wants to make a point . Even if his dicky is only an inch and a half. But the point is he puts it out there and he seems powerful because everybody is talking about him. You know the Republicans in Congress start getting together in committees talking about what type of bomb Obama should drop. The point is he doesn’t hide, he puts it “out” there.

That is just what we haven’t done and we have been walked all over and as you might know even in NYC the State leading of Gay Marriage had another gay bashing of a gay couple and a couple others last weekend. The gay couple were holding hands it’s reported. So you still have a bastion of ignorant son of bitches that wants to hold on to the previous status quo, because the now status quo is gay marriage, Queer studies, gay movies not just one gay series that last a decade and is not even replaced right away. I’m talking about Will and that other girl…

We have opened a door and everybody is coming out, not in. Yes is true everything is more gay simply because there are more gays coming out. We are visible, we are not hiding so what we do is noticed more. It is natural. People were told that there was a 5% of the population being gay.  I was waiting until they got to zero like Iran “We have No homosexuals in Iran, I have never met one” said their little President visiting here. When I was in my teens the number was 20% I always thought that was too low. But then you got studies in which they go around asking men if they get it on with men. Give me a break! What are they going to say in yesterday’s atmosphere? Even the out ones sometimes went back to the closet that’s how bad it was. So the numbers went down to 15 down to 10 down to 5%. It follows what people that are afraid that they themselves are gay and thinking how indecent that is so is better to make people like this disappeared. The nazi’s tried with us and the jews and they used gas and bullets. We both still here. In the modern times is been numbers. They can’t used bullets so it’s numbers so they use shame because there only a few of us just to get us to hide. 

As soon as we hide they’ve killed us.  They’ve killed our sexuality but so much more than that.  You can live a lifetime and not have sex, well some can. But you can’t live without being human. That’s how sad it’s been.  They took out humanity away!. Some even argued that gay rights are not human rights. Aren’t we human? Then we need human rights. Gay rights signifies sex. Is not sex what we are asking for. Everybody is had lots of sex and all kinds of sex through humanities existence. We are not asking permission to be gay or have gay sex. That’s how confused some people are. We can have all the gay sex we want when we want and the only person we need to ask is our partner in sex. 

As a human being we need to be treated as human. We don’t need to get bashed because we hold hands like everybody else or because they disagree with the color socks we wear. We need to vissit and have the first or only say in our relationships, that humanity with civil rights. 
Today everybody wears gay clothes so we are not distinct that way. The streets are full of gays just like they have always been. But now people can see us, there is no other difference with the exception that we walk upright and many times with a smile on our faces because we like who we are. 
To those and there are those who would have preferred to have being born straight because it’s easier, we understand but we are teaching them to see who they are and learn. That’s because some people are born with 10 toes and others with 11 or 12. But they are our toes. There are plenty of toe fetish people that would suck on those puppies like they were lollipops. So when the numbers are counted again I hope to see you there. I know the number will be impressive.
Me, I am Adam Gonzalez, Publisher.  I question many things but not me. I know who I am. I hope you know too

Comments