If You Can Bake This is a Sweet Way to Come Out

Surprise sweet: Laurel, 15, who prefers to use only her first name for privacy, posted a picture of the cake and accompanying witty and pun-laden letter on her Ellen DeGeneres fan blog, ellende-generes 


A 15-year-old girl who was unsure how to 'come out' to her parents, decided the easiest way to tell them was with a vanilla cake and sprinkles.
Laurel, who prefers to use only her first name for privacy, posted a picture of the cake and accompanying witty and pun-laden letter on her Ellen DeGeneres fan blog, ellende-generes.

'Good morning parents, I'm gay,' she writes. 'I've wanted to tell you for a long time. I thought doing it this way would be a piece of cake. I hope you still love me. I mean, it's hard not to love someone who baked you a cake.'

'My mom saw it and cried of happiness. We hugged and cried together. Then, we all ate the cake and talked. I am very luck to have such supporting parents and to have so much support from you guys. 

'I hope we can look back on this and say "boy, this one really takes the cake." It gets batter. Love, Laurel (sorry for so many puns).'
Her mother and father seemed to take the news better than she expected.
'My dad saw the cake and came into me room and hugged me and laughed. He said he loved me and the cake and the letter and everything was perfect,' Laurel said.
 
Thanks everyone! Have a gay day!’


Fans of her blog, which Laurel says started out as an Ellen DeGeneres fan blog, but has turned into more of a LGBT advice column, were also very supportive.
One user wrote: 'You're amazing!!! You're such an inspiration for me and a million other lgbt people!! I love what you did and when I come out I hope you don't mind that I use your idea! 
'Thank you so much for being so brave!
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Comments