Gay Couple Doug and Ste Richardson Bare All



The actors who play onscreen gay couple Doug and Ste have decided to bare all for this month’s special ‘naked’ issue of Gay Times in support of the Terrence Higgins Trust, the UK’s largest HIV and sexual health charity.

“A lot of young people are clearly not informed about HIV and that’s baffling to me because the information is out there and readily available.” begins Brennan. “A decade ago it was still being called an epidemic and the terminology made it sound serious, but because the chat about it has changed there’s people who think the medication for HIV is good enough so you can live a normal life. But there’s still a harsh reality that comes with living with HIV. I don’t understand why people wouldn’t take precautions to save their lives.”

Richardson adds: “Our show appeals to a younger audience and if they buy GT to see us and then read why we’re doing this, it will hopefully teach those who are ignorant to the risks of unsafe sex. People go on nights out, get really drunk and think with their penis and not their brain. And if they haven’t got a condom they think it’s fine and they still have sex. All the gay bars I go to give away free condoms. I‘m surprised straight clubs don’t do it too because HIV isn’t just a gay problem.”

Brennan adds: “Personally, I didn’t find it easy to come out at all. I come from a very conservative Catholic background. They love me wholeheartedly but I was scared of watching them adjust and a lot of their concerns and worries are so deeply rooted inside of me. That’s still something I have to work out to eventually be a happier, gay man and actor.”






PinkNews

 

Comments