Nicole Kidman First Talk About Her Divorce “ I married too young"


Opening up: Nicole Kidman has talked about her marriage breakdown to Tom Cruise and subsequent battle with depression, pictured here in 1997
Nicole Kidman has spoken for the first time about  her battle against depression as her marriage to Tom Cruise broke down.
The Moulin Rouge star admitted that she was too young at the age of 23 when she wed the Mission Impossible star.

The couple split after 11 years of marriage and have two adopted children.
So in love: Nicole with husband Keith Urban at the Emmy Awards in Los Angeles last month Kidman said she wasn't ready for married life when he wed Cruise in 1990.
'I got married really fast and really young. 
'But I don’t regret that because it got me Bella and Connor and I did have a fantastic marriage for a long period. 

Nicole and  her Husband Keith  
'Then when it didn’t work out I had to really dig deep and find my way through depression. I have no regrets about all of it. It was all part of growing up.'
Nicole talked to Australia's Who magazine
Nicole talked to Australia's Who magazine
The 45-year-old, who is now married to country singer Keith Urban and has two more children, told Who magazine in Australia that the depression also stemmed from her inability to conceive with Tom.
She revealed that she thought she would never have her own children after fertility treatment failed and she suffered miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy.
Her biological daughter Sunday Rose was born in July 2008
She said: 'I had so much time thinking that wasn’t going to happen in my life and trying to understand that. When it did happen — and for it to be a surprise — that was great. 
'I had tried and failed and failed and failed. Not to be too detailed, but I’ve had an ectopic pregnancy, miscarriages and I’ve had fertility treatments. I’ve done all the stuff you can possibly do to try get pregnant. 
'Every woman who has been through all those ups and downs knows the depression that comes with it. 
'So the way it just happened with Sunday was like, "What?" The percentages were so low. It is the miracle in my life.'
Kidman had a second daughter, Faith, born to a surrogate mum in December 2011. 
Contrary to recent media reports, Kidman says she never counselled Katie Holmes after she filed for divorce from Tom earlier this year.
She added: 'I never spoke to her. I wish all of them well, but I was not involved in any of that.'
Happy memories: Kidman says she doesn't regret her time with Tom, talking fondly of her adopted children Bella and Connor, seen here with Cruise and Suri
Tom, talking fondly of her adopted children Bella and Connor, seen here with Cruise and Suri 

By PAUL THOMPSON
Mail on Line

Comments