GOP ELLY Clarkson will Vote Obama Because She Has Gay Friends



( I wish GOP Gay republicans would feel like her. Keep putting pressure on your Party to accept you, but meanwhile vote for someone who supports you, particularly President Obama who has undone most of the anti gay regulations enacted under Clinton and Bush. Adam)


ELLY Clarkson has been banned from taking a British treasure across the pond when she finishes her UK tour this weekend.

Back in July the Texan successfully bid in an auction at Sotheby’s for a ring once owned by author Jane Austen – plus a first edition of her book Persuasion.

But she has been told the gold and turquoise ring – which cost her a whopping £152,000 – cannot stay on her hand when she flies back to the US. Kelly told me: “I got up at 4am to start bidding on the auction.

“We put in an export request but I can’t take it out of the UK as they’ve named it a national treasure.”

A huge history fan, Kelly swapped her usual tour bus for a personal driver while touring the UK so she could see the sights.

She said: “I had my sister with me and we went to Derbyshire to see where the version of Pride And Prejudice featuring Kiera Knightley was filmed. Y’all live in such a beautiful place.

“When I’m here there’s so much to see as I’m a really big history nerd.

“All I’ve done for the past decade is see the tour bus so we thought we’d do something different.”

Kelly, 30, closes her tour at London’s Wembley Arena on Saturday ahead of releasing her Greatest Hits – Chapter 1 album next month.

But she can’t wait to get back to the States to move into her new home and catch up on the looming US presidental election.

Kelly added: “I’ve been reading online about the debates and I’m probably going to vote for Obama again, even though I’m a Republican at heart.

“I can’t support Romney’s policies as I have a lot of gay friends and I don’t think it’s fair they can’t get married.

“I’m not a hardcore feminist but we can’t be going back to the 50s.

“Obama is a great guy. I’ve met him and I’m a fan of Michelle too.

“She has been busy promoting better education and healthy diets, which is something we could all use a dose of reality on.”

Comments