"I Feel Like a Man”Frank Ocean Comes Out


Comparatively to the pop scene, hip-hop does not have a vast number of mainstream stars willing to come forward about their homosexuality.
However, Kanye West collaborator Frank Ocean - who worked with the Gold Digger star and Jay-Z on their Watch The Throne album - appears to have broken the mould by revealing his first love at just 19 was also male. 
The 24-year-old addressed his sexual orientation with a blog that alluded to a former love interest and 'his smile' - but didn't return Frank's feelings.
Honest: Frank Ocean has written a candid blog revealing his true sexual orientation
Honest: Frank Ocean has written a revealing blog on his true sexual orientation
The New Orleans native, soon to embark on a European support slot with Coldplay this summer, wrote: 'Four summers ago, I met somebody. 
'I was 19 years old. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Everyday almost. And on the days we were together, time would glide. Most of the day I'd see him, and his smile.'
Frank, real name Christopher Ocean, explains in a rather ambiguous sentence that the pair would 'sleep' together - although doesn't elaborate if he means just side by side or actual intercourse.
He continued: 'Sleep I would often share with him. By the time I realised I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless. 
Brutally honest: Frank wrote in his blog: 'There was no escaping, no negotiating to the women I had been with, the ones I cared for and thought I was in love with'
Brutally honest: Frank wrote in his blog: 'There was no escaping, no negotiating to the women I had been with, the ones I cared for and thought I was in love with'
'There was no escaping, no negotiating to the women I had been with, the ones I cared for and thought I was in love with.'
But despite Frank's blossoming feelings insinuating the romance led to great things, his feelings were not reciprocated.
He wrote: 'I sat there and told my friend how I felt. I wept as the words left my mouth. I grieved for then. Knowing I could never take them back for myself. He patted my back. He said kind things. 
'He did his best, but he wouldn't admit the same. I don't have any secrets I need kept anymore and I feel like a free man.'
Standing by his friend: Tyler, The Creator - pictured here with Frank at Coachella - tweeted: 'My big brother finally f***ing did that. Proud of that n***a cause I know that s**t is difficult or whatever'
Standing by his friend: Tyler, The Creator - pictured here with Frank at Coachella - tweeted: 'My big brother finally f***ing did that. Proud... that s**t is difficult'
Chely Wright, who in May 2010 became the first major country music star to publicly come out as gay, heaped praise on the 'spectacular' move.
She told TMZ: 'I can't think of a better way for Frank to celebrate Independence Day.'
Yet honesty comes at a price, and the 41-year-old said record sales have dropped to one third of what they were before she revealed she is gay.
It is believed Frank intended to publish these words in the inlay of debut album Channel Orange, released July 17, yet the lyrics alone outed him.
Ocean will no doubt be relieved to have received open support from a fellow member of his hip-hop project Odd Future.
Tyler, The Creator tweeted: 'My big brother finally f***ing did that. Proud of that n***a cause I know that s**t is difficult or whatever. 
 By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Comments