Mr. Money Ball Jonah Hills Reveals What made Him Loose the Weight


It had been claimed Brad Pitt was the force behind his Moneyball co-star Jonah Hill's dramatic weight loss.
But the once portly actor has revealed seeing a nutritionist is the real reason he managed to shed the pounds.
And the key to maintaining his healthy new eating habits was his love of Japanese foods such as sushi.

 

Sushi secret: Jonah Hill has revealed his love of Japanese food is the reason for his new slimline look
Sushi secret: Jonah Hill has revealed his love of Japanese food is the reason for his new slimline look
He said: 'It was just mostly diet. I wish there was some crazy thing that I did, like a pill or a genie or something.
'But it was, unfortunately, I went to see a nutritionist, and he told me what to eat to change my habits and stuff.
 
'I found that Japanese food was very helpful to me.'
It pours cold water on previous claims Brad had lectured the his young friend on the importance of healthy eating, while also forcing him to attend morning baseball sessions in an effort to slim him down.
Who needs Weight Watchers? Jonah has managed to lose weight after seeking advice from a nutritionist
Making a comeback? Jonah said he would consider piling on the pounds again for the right role
Who needs Weight Watchers? Jonah has managed to lose weight after seeking advice from a nutritionist
Jonah was seen mingling with his hunky friend, who he revealed wittily bought him a gold watch engraved with the words 'money' and 'balls,' for a special question and answer session on the film at Pace University in New York City tonight.
And in an exciting interview on ABC yesterday he also explained the reason he lost weight is the same reason for his new-found focus on dramatic roles - he wants to be seen as an adult.
The 28-year-old, who shot to fame playing comical fat men roles in the likes of Superbad and Get Him to the Greek, is profiting from the decision as he has been nominated for an best supporting actor Oscar.
He said: 'I just had a moment in my life where I said I wanted to become a man.
Moneyballs: Jonah has quashed previous claims Brad had been the reason for his weight loss
Moneyballs: Jonah has quashed previous claims Brad had been the reason for his weight loss
'And that means with my career that with my life, that means with my health.'
In fact he seems almost painfully defensive in explaining why he values the world of 'serious' acting more than the previous fluffy roles that shot him to fame.
He said: 'I'm almost 30 years old — I’m not a foul-mouthed seventeen-year-old kid who’s trying to get laid or whatever.
'I’m an adult man who takes his work really seriously.'
He also went to great lengths to emphasise the fact he has never been in any shape a comic.
Happy to sign: Brad was happy to give autographs before the pair's Moneyball question and answer session in New York
Happy to sign: Brad was happy to give autographs before the pair's Moneyball question and answer session in New York
This is despite the fact that just a year ago he was seen as a modern funny fat man in the mould of the likes of Oliver Hardy and John Candy.
He said: 'I’m an actor, I’m not a comedian, I never was a comedian.'
And while shedding stones has been part of his strategy to breaking into drama, he also said he is open to piling them on again for the right role.
He said: 'I would do anything for a part that I felt could be great.
Gaining 50 pounds would probably be more fun than losing 50 pounds for a part.'
The Forgetting Sarah Marshall star has been turning down comedy roles in an effort to do more heavyweight work.
But he admits it is a decision that can work both ways.
He said: 'The times when you said no and it turned out to be an awful film are more gratifying than when you say no and it turns out to be an amazing film.'
Finally Jonah also revealed his annoying nature made him the ideal candidate to enter the world of acting.
He said: 'I was an entertaining kid I would say, maybe some would say annoying. or some would say entertaining. That's probably why I'm an actor.

By MIKE LARKIN   http://www.dailymail.co.uk





Comments