It;s Becoming a Habit at The Brits Award { This Time is Adele }


Adele Makes Obscene Gesture at Brit Music Awards | Adele
Adele and James Cordon
PA Photos/Landov
  Warning, music fans: Adele just went M.I.A. 

An angry Adele gave the middle finger at the Brit awards for music Tuesday night in London, less than three weeks after rapper M.I.A. gave the same obscene gesture at the Super Bowl halftime show. 

It happened as Adele, 23, was picking up the best album award to go with her solo female honor and was giving her acceptance speech. 

"I am so proud to be British and to be flying the flag," she was saying when host James Cordon interrupted her to introduce 90s British pop band Blur.

The crowd booed and Adele digitally expressed herself. The multiple-Grammy winner explained that she wasn't directing her scorn at the audience. 

"I flung the middle finger. That was for the suits at the Brit Awards, not my fans," she said, according to the BBC. "I'm sorry if I offended anyone but the suits offended me." 

The moment put a damper on an otherwise shining night for Adele, who kissed and cuddled with boyfriend Simon Konecki throughout the ceremony. 

She also showed no signs of her recent voice problems as she brought the crowd to its feet with "Rolling in the Deep."


BY PHIL BOUCHER    peoplestylewatch.com



Comments