Bernhard Said No to Sex & The City and Hideous to Work w/ SJParker


http://www.out.com/sites/out.com/files/SandraBernhard1.jpgCan you imagine Sandra Bernhard in the role of Miranda Hobbs in Sex and the City?
I really can’t but apparently it could have happened.
In a new interview with Howard SternBern, Bernhard said she turned down the part because she thought the original script was “terrible” and low paycheck.
“It has nothing to do with selling out, it just wasn’t any good,” Bernhard explained, before going on to note, “Had it been a good script, had I thought it had legs, I would have done it…even Cynthia Nixon [who eventually landed the role and won an Emmy for it] admits it didn’t catch on until second or third season.”
Then Sandra added: “[I would have had] to play third or fourth fiddle to Sarah Jessica Parker and put up with her s**t. It would have been hideous to work with her. Ask any of those ladies on that show…nobody gets along, I don’t think.”
Gee, real classy.
I think Bernhard is funny and talented but I’m glad she didn’t take the SATC role. The chemistry between that cast was perfection – one of the most successful ensembles in television history.
And you never really heard any of them say a bad word about each other.





Comments