Backstage at DWTS } Rob and Ricki

   by    http://www.eonline.com   EOnline
 J.R. Martinez, Karina Smirnoff, DWTS
ABC/ADAM TAYLOR
Breaking news: Backstage at tonight's Dancing With the Stars finale, tantrums were thrown, furniture was tossed and insults were being handed out like candy on Halloween!
Just kidding! In fact, it was basically a love-fest after tonight's show, during which J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff danced away with the mirror-ball trophy, with the three finalists, J.R., Rob Kardashian and Ricki Lake, having nothing but kind words for their competitors! See, they all really are friends!
So what is J.R. planning to do with his mirror-ball trophy? And what did Rob's family have to say to him after his loss? 
"I joked about gluing it on the hood of my car and just driving around L.A.," J.R. tells E! News of his trophy. "Or be like rappers and make a chain out of it and just wear it around! I'm going to cherish this thing every single day!"
Aside from mirror-ball jokes, J.R. took a moment to thank all of his fans, saying, "We just want to thank everyone who voted for us for 10 weeks and believed in us week in and week out!" This is the first DWTS win for Karina, who says, "I had no idea what it would feel like and it feels amazing."
Though she says all of the finalists are "a team of friends who compete and enjoy the process," Karina admits it was nice to win the competition. "To come out on top at the end and to hold [the trophy], it's so beautiful."
J.R. partly credits his fellow competitors Rob and Ricki for his big win, saying, "Both of them did so well and were so great. It was great that they progressed because they actually pushed us to be better."
So were Rob and Ricki disappointed? No way!
"I couldn't have asked for anything more for myself at all," Rob tells us. "This is the furthest that we could have possibly gone," his partner Cheryl Burke adds. 
Rob says the Kardashian Klan told him after the show that "I couldn't have done any better!" Aw! "I really did put it all out there," he continues. "It was up to the fans, and J.R. deserved to win. I'm super happy and I learned so much about myself."
Ricki echoes Rob's sentiments, saying, "You learn how strong you are and how much you can take. I never thought I'd come this far and do as well as I did, so it's something that will stay with me."
The third place finisher tells us she wasn't all upset by her loss, saying, "I was the last girl standing! I really kicked ass tonight with my tango. I'm really proud. I'm very happy for J.R. and Karina. They were so very deserving and Rob and Cheryl were amazing, so third is good in my book!"
Yes, it was an all-around love-fest at the end of Dancing With the Stars'' 13th season! What did you think of the finale? Do you think J.R. deserved the win? Let us hear you in the comments!


 

Comments