‘Walking Dead’ actor Neil Brown Jr. talks being cast


WALKING DEAD

AMC sat down with actor Neil Brown Jr. who plays Guillermo in their hit show The Walking Dead to talk about being cast for the role and more.

A portion of the conversation follows below. 
Q: Robert Kirkman wrote the episode you were in. What did he tell you about your character?
A: Originally, my character was an extra. Frank and Robert ran with the idea of having a boss, somebody leading it. It was awesome ’cause Frank kept sending over script pages in the middle of the night with more dialogue.
Q: And suddenly you’re the custodian running the place. Have you ever had to deal with a situation that you weren’t prepared for?
A: Many times. My father made it a point of doing it. He was a Marine so he waited ’til I got some muscles on me and he was like, “Come here.” I went with him and he’s like, “We’re going to add to that house right there. I need that cement mixed. I need all those blocks over here in one pile so we can start laying them.” I’m like, “Daddy don’t do me like this. What are you talking about? I am an actor.” But we got it done. You got legs, feet, hands, a brain. You got everything you need. That’s how my dad is and he’s right. I’m good in a clutch.
 Read the entire interview here!

http://www.hypable.com

Comments