20.5 Carat Diamond Engagement Ring!: Kim Kardashian’s



Kim Kardashian Engagement
Kim Kardashian had long dreamed of the perfect man—and the perfect ring. “In high school I went to Macy’s and bought this fake ring, my ‘perfect’ ring, and this is almost the exact same,” she says, staring down at the 20-plus-carat gem Humphries designed with jeweler Lorraine Schwartz, a longtime Kardashian friend who has not only decked Kim in her gorgeous jewels for events like the Emmy Awards but has also created engagement rings for stars like BeyoncĂ©. Wanting something distinctly her own (“KhloĂ©’s is a radiant cut,” she says of her sister’s ring), the reality star loves the classic design. Humphries had simpler requirements: “I just knew I wanted it to be big!” And he got more than big, as Kim gushed, “It’s the most beautiful thing I have ever seen,” says Kardashian of the ring. “It’s perfect.” The 16.5-carat emerald cut center stone is flanked by a pair of 2-carat trapezoids, for a total weight of 20.5 carats! Humphries even managed to work out the design without Kim knowing. Kardashian explains, “[Lorraine] always listened to what I would want and the shapes I love. I had said I loved an emerald cut and they were scheming and plotting for a while.” Humphries confided his plans in his parents, but felt confident in his decision. “I knew she’d love it–she better!” –Jennifer Garcia

Kim Kardashian Engagement Ring
Nick Saglimbeni

Comments