Skip to main content

Obama Declares Bradley Manning Guilty Without A Trial


 Obama Said On Televised speech: 'We Are A 

Nation Of Laws"

Last time I checked, We are not declared guilty by the
government until a fair trial!
I posted the following report from http://www.rawstory.com    
adamfoxie*

Following a fundraising speech on Thursday, President Obama was
 asked about the case of whistleblower Bradley Manning.
He responded, “I can’t conduct diplomacy on an open source.
That’s not how…the world works. If you’re in the military, and —
 I have to abide by certain classified information. If I was to release
 stuff that I’m not authorized to release, I’m breaking the law…
We’re a nation of laws. We don’t individually make our own
decisions about how the laws operate… He broke the law.”
Obama’s assumption that Manning is guilty prior to any trial is already
 drawing legal fire. The hacker group Anonymous was quick to
tweet the news. And the blog Firedoglake, which has been sharply
critical of Obama, compared it to Richard Nixon’s premature
assertion of Charles Manson’s guilt.
Obama may have been on the defensive concerning Manning,
since his remarks followed anincident where a group of protesters
had showed up at a fundraiser to sing him a song about
 Manning’s plight.

Comments