BBC sports presenter Claire Balding has said coming out made her a better broadcaster

Balding
BBC sports presenter Claire Balding has said coming out made her a better broadcaster – and that women prefer watching her now as they know she won’t steal their husbands.
The openly-gay broadcaster, who recently battled thyroid cancer, told the Radio Times: "For the most part people are accepting. Personally I am a much better broadcaster for not hiding who I am.
"In a way it makes me much less of a threat – and women are funny the way they watch telly, because they don’t like women who they think might nick their husband.
"Seriously, they watch someone in a little tight leopard-skin dress and they think, 'Oh, I don’t like her'. And the husband is going, 'She’s fantastic!'."
"But then I come on and they’re all right with that. It’s fine. And that could be hugely to my advantage. I hope so,’ she told Radio Times."
The 40-year-old is in a civil partnership with Radio 4 newsreader Alice Arnold.
The full interview is in this week’s Radio Times.


James Sanders


http://news.pinkpaper.com

Comments