'Glee' Murphy: KoL drummer is "homophobe"


Ryan Murphy
© Rex Features
Ryan Murphy has accused Kings Of Leon drummer Nathan Followill of making anti-gay comments.

The Glee creator had previously called the group "self-centred a**holes" for their refusal to license their songs to his show, promptinga response from Followill.

In a letter to celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, Murphy said: "Just read Nathan Followill's Tweet... in which he implied I should 'get a manicure and buy a bra'. Wow. That's a homophobe badly in need of some education.

"I'm all for manicures, don't wear a bra. Would guess most gay dudes don't. But it's telling that Nathan can reduce a group of people to a mean-spirited cliché, in a time where young gay men are killing themselves all over the country because of hatred like this."

He added: "That said, I would love to sit down with Nathan or any member of Kings and Leon (sic), and tell them how on Glee we actually love their music, and support their artistry... but cannot condone or even laugh at their clear disdain of gay people."

Followill has further responded to Murphy's accusations via his own Twitter feed by saying: "I'm sorry 4 anyone that misconstrued my comments as homophobic or misogynistic. I'm so not that kind of person. I really do apologize (sic)."


By Mayer Nissim, Senior Entertainment Reporter
.digitalspy.com/

Comments